Ok so… it’s paper grading week and our schedule is all out of whack….
This requires me to be creative when it comes to making time to grade and still taking care of my two little boys who…
As do all kids and I want to spend as much time as I can with them.
I’m trying a new approach to paper grading this time. Typically, I’d have friends watch them 3-4 mornings out of the paper grading week (it comes once every 8 weeks) and then I’d also grade during their naps and at night. But, with a newly potty trained almost 2 year old who does much better not playing with a lot of friends for a long period of time as he doesn’t want to stop playing to use the bathroom… 😉 I’m trying not to overwhelm him so I am just having friends watch them 2 mornings, at most, if needed.
SOO, here’s how I’m making it work this week:
- Getting up around 6am (depending on how late I was up grading the night before)
- Going to Starbucks immediately and grading until I have to be home at 7:30 for Michael to leave for work
- The boys wake up around 7:30/8 so we do breakfast and play until Gabe is ready for a nap
- During Gabe’s nap, I’m letting Cale play on the back deck or watch Curious George (his favorite) while I grade a little more
- We’re then doing lunch and playing a little after Gabe wakes up
- I’m then grading a little more during naps and after they go to bed at night
I’m guessing the work from home moms might be the most interested in this schedule so I thought I’d offer it if it helps them!
Needless to say, with grading papers, it’s going to be a lighter writing on the blog week, but stay tuned 🙂
Ok, on to the fun stuff. Here’s the link to the chewy granola recipe I’ve found. I am going to try this after this week, but it looks delicious!