There is NOTHING in this word that compares to..
.. The smell of a newborn baby’s head close enough to your lips to kiss while watching that sweet baby sleep on your chest… all while…
…Chasing after your crazy toddler whose holding your hand yelling “C’mon Mommy!!”
It’s like all your senses completely and totally experienced at one time.
That, my friends, is the experience of a baby wearing mama and this is why the Moby Wrap is soooo incredibly important to my daily life as a mom (whether you’re a mom of 1, 2, 3, or 10 😉
When I was pregnant with Cale, I had many of my “natural” mommy friends from our Bradley class talk about the Moby wrap and I thought I’d love one, but man the $40+ price tag was seriously holding me back from that purchase. But, I’ve since learned that, although the price is $40, it’s well worth it. Or you can find one used on Craigslist.
My friend Jenny and Gwen then each gave me material that was intended to work as a Moby wrap and they got the job done, but I struggled with the material constantly when Cale was a newborn and gave it up altogether much earlier than I would have liked.
When I was pregnant with Gabe, I decided no matter what that I would definitely have the original Moby wrap as it was a NECESSITY with 2 under 2. I was given one as a gift and boy, was that the greatest blessing!
So here’s my review of the positives and negatives of the Moby wrap:
- Most babies that are used to being carried will fall right to sleep in the Moby and will take a good nap in it despite the chaos around you.
- The material is a stretchy jersey knit so it can “grow” with the baby.
- Once you watch the instruction videos on the Moby wrap website, it’s fairly easy to do it yourself the first few times, and takes only a few seconds after those first few times.
Click on the hold you’re interested in to see the video for each hold here:
- Having your hands totally free while also cuddling your baby is the most vital aspect of this wrap (free to do the dishes, chase your other child, clean the house, etc.)
- There are several different holds you can use as your baby grows that will keep them as comfortable as possible.
- Keeps both of you warm during the winter.
- It is definitely a hotter wrap during the summer.
- Unless you wrap it on your body prior to leaving the house, it is tough as it drags on the ground while you’re wrapping it.
So that is my overall review of this product! It’s a must have for all moms, in my opinion, and it comes in a variety of beautiful colors! Here’s some of our uses of the Moby Wrap:
First Sunday at church (5 days old)
Just getting relaxed on a fussy day…
Ready to go out and chase big brother around.
Being interviewed by our college alumni for advertising purposes.
Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!