Here is part 2 about my routines, schedule, and goals I hope to be able to meet this year. In the last post, I talked about my plan for my morning routine and the varying responsibilities that make up my day. In this post, I am going to share my plan for my evening routine as well as assign each responsibility to a specific time slot and plan out some goals for this year. I have to remind myself that, due to my health issues at this time, sleep and rest is more important than it would be at a different point in my life so my schedule has been adjusted accordingly.
First of all, I would like my evening routine to look something like this:
- Clean up the kitchen and do a quick clean up of the house
- Lay out everyone’s clothes for the next day
- Prepare lunches if we’re going to be out over lunch
- Read together as a family
- Put boys to bed
- Read for 15 min.
- Spend time with Michael (working together, watching a show or movie, etc.)
- Wash face, take out contacts, and take vitamins
Now, here is what I hope my daily schedule will look like:
- Wakeup at 6:30
- 6:30-7 quiet time
- 7-7:15 Get a few minor work things done (Emails sent for Kids Ministry, work, blogging, etc.)
- 7:15-7:45 Get ready
- 7:45-8:15 Breakfast and plan out dinner
- 8:15-8:45 Get boys ready
- 8:45 Leave to work
- 9-12 Work while boys play in the gym childcare on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday and work out 30 min. as able at this time. Other days, meet with women from church, play groups, etc. and homeschool 2 days a week.
- 12-1 Lunch and clean up at home as needed
- 1-4 Naps
- 1-2 Finish up LU Online work, Kids Rock work, and blogging
- 2-2:30 Nap if needed or tackle goal projects
- 2:30-3 Fold laundry, clean bathrooms, etc.
- 3-4 Prep dinner as needed and work on workbooks and flash cards with Cale
- 4-5:30 Built in extra margin time (if ahead, play with kids and begin dinner early)
- Evening routine (except on nights we’re out)
- 5:30-6:15 Dinner
- 6:15-7Clean up the kitchen and do a quick clean up of the house
- 7-7:15 Lay out everyone’s clothes for the next day
- 7:15-7:45 Prepare lunches if we’re going to be out over lunch
- 7:45-8:15 Read together as a family
- 8:15-8:30 Extra margin time as needed
- 8:30 Put boys to bed
- 8:30-9 Read
- 9-10:45 Spend time with Michael (working together, watching a show or movie, etc.)
- 10:45 Wash face, take out contacts, and take vitamins
- 11:00 Bed
I also am excited to actually put into writing some goals that I have. I have to continue to remind myself that, due to my health issues, these are much smaller than my typical goals, but without further ado, here are my
GOALS for the Month of September:
- Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals
1. Start this new fall schedule and work on pre-k with Cale.
2. Read 1 book per day with the kids
3. Go on California Pastor’s Conference trip/baby moon with Michael with no kids!
4. Get our room organized before leaving for trip
5. Rest more and eat enough protein every day for the baby
6. Begin another book (probably “Through the Eyes of a Lion”)
7. Take Make Over Your Mornings course
8. Prep Kids Rock Material and Schedules through December
9. Reach out to one new mom per week via text or a note
10. Write at least one blog post per week for this blog and prepare post for liftupyourday.com blog that I am now a contributor for!
11. Begin reading and studying for Life Coaching training and certificate
12. Stay ahead of all teaching tasks
Thank you all for reading and being a part of this journey to thriving in life! Have a blessed week!
Mrs. Project Freedom